God's Way of Handling Money & FinancesSubmitted by Miller Premier Investment Planning, LLC on August 25th, 2016
As a Christian based financial planner a question I often get is what does the Bible say about handling money and finances. Here are five key biblically based principles that if followed will lead to a much more rewarding life:
- The first and most important principle to understand is that God supplies everything.
- Because God is so gracious we should want to be generous and tithe at least 10% of our income. I have noticed that clients who tithe are living happier and more fulfilling lives than those who don't.
- The third principle is to save and invest and avoid spending more than you earn. Proverbs 21:20 says in the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil but a foolish man devours all he has. Joseph stored up and saved for the coming famine and Israel survived and grew as a nation!
- The fourth principle is avoiding the debt trap. Proverbs 22:7 says the rich rule over the poor and the borrower is servant to the lender. Borrowing for an affordable house or car is ok as long as you don't become overburdened and a slave to it.
- The fifth principle is to seek godly wisdom. Psalm 1:1 says blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked. If you are ready to seek godly counsel and learn more about how to live a life rich with blessings and fulfillment give me a call today at 817-680-8198 or click on the orange button to schedule your free one on one consultation.